Saturday, 12 November 2011

Just not my day

Feeling like a toad in a hole today - so closed in. It gets like that sometimes in my life. Too many rude people, not enough head space; it freaks me out a little.
Im eating clean and training again, won't be long until Im buff and proud again. I think the main difference this time is that Im doing it right mentally. The only reason I want to lose weight is because I feel like it. Not because I want to prove to people that I can, not because I 'need' to or because I'm disgusted with my body.

Just because I feel like it. Just because I enjoy the process and the fresh clean eating and the runners high. All though for me its a crossy high because my cross trainer is the one place I can push it all out and feel amazing.

BPF Cookies ( Healthy and amazing with complimentary commentary)

2 cups of Spelt flour ( which is now stocked at Woolies!! WHOO HOO!!)
2 tbsp ground Flaxseed ( buy them whole and grind them in a mortar and pestle. Helps burn calories and vent frustrations!)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt ( pink if you can get it; its so posh)
1 banana (the riper the better)
3/4 maple syrup (REAL maple syrup. Yes it costs a little more but its worth it. maple flavored syrup is full of sugar and in no way good for you)
1 cup unsalted cashew nut butter (also available at Woolies)
2 tsp vanilla extract (again, the proper stuff here people)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chopped ( optional - you don't really need them trust me)

1. mix up the dry stuff in one bowl and the wet stuff in another. I used a bar mix on my wet ingredients but you don't have to. It's okay to leave it a little chunky.

2. Fold the dry stuff into the wet stuff until just combined. Don't over work it

3. This is optional but I had fun putting the dough into my piping bag and then piping little swirls onto the baking tray. Please use a fluted edge or they'll look like little puppy poos! Because the doughs quite stiff, this is a little hard but again - burning more calories!!
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes in a just below moderate oven until slightly browned and then cool on a wire rack.

You're looking at about 110 Calories each and about 2-3 grams of fat. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment