So I'm reading the story of Chris Mccandless at the moment and don't panic, I'm not going to spoil it but its put me in such a state of mind that I seemingly cannot stop shaking my head in wonder.
Is this what the worlds come to? At the pinnacle of moral decomposition that the best and brightest of us throw theie hands up in frustration and simply turn their backs? We can't feed the hungry, we don't shelter the homeless, we won't embrace the fallen. We accumulate rubbish in our lives and judge ourselves by what our father does for a living.
Really?
That's what God put us here for??
If that's the case, I'd rather take my chances in the Alaskan wilderness.
What rot. What a backwards, way wards despairing society we've become that true moral fortitude can't bear its company.
Anyway, read the book - its called into the wild. I won't profess to suggest that it will change your life but I changed mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment